Updating the schedule
- Go to the “Staff” page.
- Click the doctor’s name.
- Go to the “Schedule” tab.
- Click Add appointment slot.
- Choose the start time, including am or pm.
- Choose whether it should be a Full Appointment (50 minutes) or a Follow Up Appointment (25 minutes).
- Attribute a treatment to it (or set it to “Any types” if it doesn’t matter what treatment gets booked into this slot). If you attribute a treatment to this slot, the booking form will only show slots for those treatments. The length of the slot in the calendar will adjust depending on the length of that specific treatment (e.g. If the treatment is set to 90 mins for a full consultation, the slot on the calendar will show the appropriate length.) Please bear this in mind when creating the schedule and allow sufficient time after the slot if you know it is longer than 50 minutes.
- Click Save.
Carry on until all the slots are added to the schedule. Make sure you save each slot as you go along.
If you want to attribute a slot to a specific treatment, you must chose the treatment beside the slot then click Save. Otherwise, the slots in your calendar will be available for any type of treatment.
Updating the appointment slots
Once all slots have been added and saved, go to the bottom of the screen and click Refresh appointment slots. This will update the slots in the database to match what you have set so that they show correctly in the booking calendar and in the online booking form.
This is not mandatory. If you do not carry out this action, your slots will be updated at midnight automatically. This is better if you have a very active calendar that could have slots being booked in progress.
What shows on the calendar
Available slots will show in bright green. Once clicked, you can carry out the appointment creation process as normal.
If a user is currently booking the slot or another admin has taken the slot, it will show in bright red. If the appointment is not made within 30 minutes, this slot will revert back to green.